Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Food Coma

Restaurant week in NYC is a great time of year. Many top notch NY restaurants offer up a prix fixe lunch & dinner menu to die for. Today for lunch, I hit up Dos Caminos on Park Avenue South. The restaurant has inviting décor, comfy seating and the wait staff was very friendly. For the prix fixe menu, usually there is a choice of about 3 items in the categories of appetizers, entrees and desserts.
First, we ordered guacamole which was made in front of us at the table. We ordered it spicy and after we had finished eating it we could feel the heat in our mouths. Dos Caminos has 140 kinds of tequilas so we also felt obligated to order some margaritas.
As my appetizer, I ordered Sopa de Calabaza which was roasted butternut squash, cheese filled corn masa dumplings and ancho chile crema. Overall, the dish was good though perhaps a little bland. For an entrée, I ordered the Enchiladas Verdes which were enchiladas filled with spinach and mushrooms and toped with Oaxaca cheese, salsa verde and served with Mexican red rice on the side. These were excellent, the salsa verde had great flavor. Although I was completely stuffed after the entrée, I had to eat my dessert of Mexican Chocolate Empanadas. These chocolate filled empanadas were a total sin complete with Patron XO espresso ice cream and sun dried cherry salsita.
After lunch I was barely able to drag myself out of the table for the 4 block walk back to my office. Tonight, I am going to the gym!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home