Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year's Day

January 1, usually, this day should be saved for recovering from December 31 the year before but not in 2006. I just read my 2006 horoscope and apparently I’m going to be even more active/energetic this year than normal and for those of you that know me this will be no small feat as I am generally the busiest girl in the world.
So, this is how I actively started off 2006:
10:45 am – dragged myself out of bed & took a shower
12:45 pm – met up with Mike, stopped at Starbucks for Gingerbread Latte (skim with whip)
1:00 pm – parked car at Harrison PATH & hopped on the train for the city
2:30 pm – frolicked with butterflies at the Museum of Natural History, one tried to go AWOL on Mike’s pant leg but the security guard was on point and caught said butterfly before it wreaked havoc on the other museum goers
After the museum we visited Starbucks again, this time for a Pumpkin Spice Latte (skim with whip). Then, we stopped in at Tower to buy some CD’s (I bought Quasi to replace my long stolen CD & Mike bought Beck’s Guero & a Billy Joel hits CD) all the while walking through Lincoln Center, Columbus Circle and Times Square where there was still confetti flying in the sky. We stopped at Mars 2112 to take a quick trip to Mars for a drink but unfortunately the bar was closed. Apparently Martians celebrate New Year’s Day on January 1 as well.
Sometime after 5:00 pm – stopped for drinks at my favorite mid-town bar, The Blarney Stone
8:45 pm – hailed a cab to Tribeca for dinner, Ninja was closed so we went to Maryanne’s (awesome Mexican food)
10:40 pm – got kicked out of Maryanne’s, walked to the WTC and took the PATH back to Harrison
11:45 pm – returned home only to get sucked into the Degrassi marathon on the-n for the 3rd day in a row. damn you Degrassi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home