Friday, December 02, 2005

Arms Are For Hugging The Dandy Warhols

Years ago, when The Dandy Warhols first album came out, I won tickets to see them at Maxwell's in Hoboken. For those of you in the know, this is a VERY SMALL venue where you can't help but trip over the band. The Dandy's were very nice and gave us all free t-shirts and stickers with the phrase "arms are for hugging the dandy warhols." I kind of lost track of the band for a while until I heard of them touring about 2 years ago. The New York show was sold out but when I was visiting Sheela in DC, we got tickets to see them at the Black Cat. I was pleasantly suprised to find out that not only had The Dandy's progressed a lot as musicians, they put on one hell of a show.
Fast forward to Tuesday, November, 29, 2005. The Dandy Warhols played a show at Webster Hall in NYC. Of course I had to go to the show so I asked my buddies at www.looserecord.com to get me a press pass to review the show. And so it was done.
I don't think most people realize what an awesome band The Dandy Warhols are. Their fun and creativity oozes out of their music and their stage presence. Individually they are all very eclectic, psychedelic and punky at the same time. Go ahead; check out some Dandy Warhol's stuff right now, I bet you'll like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home