Monday, December 12, 2005

2005 Concerts :: The Year In Review

I think I am missing some shows in between the first two, but perhaps not. It is damn cold in NYC during the winter and it’s hard to drag myself out of doors sometimes. The following list of shows is what I can remember going to in 2005. I’m sure something is missing. My NYE resolution is to keep better track of the concerts I go to in 2006.

12/31/04 – Wilco/The Flaming Lips/Sleater-Kinney :: Holy Awesome Line-up Batman! I got so drunk the show is a little blurry but I know it was awesome and I know that Wilco’s cover of “Don’t Fear the Reaper” kicked a lot of ass. Plus they dropped balloons and confetti on us at midnight.

3/29/05 – The Black Crowes :: Saw Kate Hudson, she’s cute. The stage set-up was beautiful, the band was solid.

4/19/05 – Garbage :: Shirley Manson is the voice of sex. I’m glad the band is back together.

5/20/05 – The Butchies :: It was their last show together, awwwwwwww. We’ll miss you guys and Kaia looked super-hot.

5/25/05 – Rasputina :: Chicks with cellos. Opening band Contramano, dudes with cellos. Way to rock the cello guys, keep it up.

6/4/05 – The Killers & Louis XIV :: Lots of teeny-boppers but I got in free thanks to my awesome job. Mina also managed to get in with her camera, minus the battery. Thanks Zoom.

6/9 – 6/12/05 – Bonnaroo :: 4 days of crazy bands, hippies dancing, people smoking and tripping, no showers and torrential rain pour. What more can you ask of a festival? How about a masquerade? Yeah, we did that.

6/23/05 – Sleater-Kinney :: Sleater-Kinney always puts on a good show and the new album rocks so hard, it was great to see live. During the encore, the girls did a cover of Danzig’s “Mother,” how intense is that?

6/24/05 – Oasis w/ Jet :: I love Jet but they were no fun to see at MSG. Oasis really impressed me though, the new album sounds great live. Tom & I got drunk with the fun couple next to us. Good times.

6/25/05 – Tom Petty w/ The Black Crowes :: The Black Crowes put on some really awesome shows this year, this was my 3rd. I love Petty, he’s my celeb dad. Put these two together and it was one of the greatest concert moments in history.

8/8/05 – Kings of Leon :: Oh those southern rocker boys…

8/20/05 – Amsterjam :: Was very wary of going to such a big corporate rock concert but it turned out to be a lot of fun. We danced our asses off with the hippies at the second stage during the day. At night we braved the front of the main stage for Snoop Dogg & the Chili Peppers. Snoop is the man. John Frusciante wails on the guitar. The Chili Peppers encore with Snoop and Bootsy Collins was a sight to see. History in the making…

8/30/05 – Mommy and Daddy :: New band discovery. Everyone needs to check out this hot duo.

9/24/05 – The White Stripes :: I trekked all the way down to Coney Island for this show and was not disappointed. Jack & Meg are some crazy-ass musicians.

10/6/05 – Beck :: Beck rocks all that exists. His opener McRorie was an amazing one-man-bander from Canada who did covers of “Rapper’s Delight” and “Baby Got Back,” what?? Then, Beck’s ensemble dances their socks off (that one guy has to show me some moves!) AND, the crew played plates & glasses from a dinner table on the stage at one point. If that isn’t hardcore, genius entertainment, I don’t know what is.

11/3/05 – Nine Inch Nails :: I hadn’t seen Trent since high school, I missed those guys. However, Trent turned into a scary machismo dude but his guitar sidekick made up for it with his pretty self and outlandish dance/thrash moves.

11/22/05 – U2 :: Never saw this band before. Got really drunk with Mike and the show is a little blurry. Maybe it’s something about MSG that makes me get really drunk at shows there. Hmmmmm

11/29/05 – The Dandy Warhols :: I love this band. Courtney is hottt. They should take me on tour with them. Go Portland!

12/6/05 – The Islands :: Stood in front of funny drunk guys and danced to the crazy rhythm of Islands. If only it was tropical weather outside as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home